A NEW CLASS at Inspire Yoga
Breathe, burn, and get buff
Are you looking for a new way to spice up your yoga practice and add a little oomph to your om? Yoga with weights might be just the thing you want! The new Inspire Sculpt class combines our signature yoga flow with weights added to create a full-body workout that provides both physical and mental benefits. The non-heated environment keeps the focus on your flow and your flex!
Why should I practice yoga with weights?
Here are five reasons to incorporate our yoga with weights class into your weekly routine.
- Increased Strength. By incorporating light hand weights, you’ll add resistance to your yoga practice and engage your muscles in a new way. This will help you build strength and tone your body more quickly than with traditional yoga alone. This is a great option for beginners who may be looking for a gentle way to integrate strength training into their fitness routine.
- Improved Balance. Adding weights to your yoga practice can also improve your balance and stability. As you work to hold poses while gripping the weights, you’ll challenge yourself to stay steady and centered. This can translate to increased balance and control in your everyday life.
- Better Posture. Yoga with weights emphasizes proper alignment and posture. As you move through the poses with weights in hand, you’ll be more aware of your body and focus on maintaining good form. This attention to proper alignment will translate to better posture outside of the yoga studio too.
- Increased Mind-Body Connection. Combining weights with yoga requires additional focus and concentration. As you move through the poses while holding light weights, you’ll be fully engaged in the present moment and the sensations in your body. This mindfulness helps to deepen your mind-body connection and can lead to increased self-awareness and inner peace.
- Stress Relief. Yoga with weights provides all the stress-relieving benefits of traditional yoga, with the added bonus of a strength-training workout. The combination of physical exertion, deep breathing, and mindfulness can help you release tension and feel more relaxed once you’ve pumped that final rep, stretched it all out, and rested in final savasana.
What should I bring to an Inspire Sculpt class?
All students should bring their typical yoga mat, sweat towel, and water to stay hydrated. We provide a variety of light to medium hand weights in studio and looped resistance bands. If you would like to bring your own hand weights, additional ankle weights, or other small tools for your practice for any reason, you are welcome to do so.
When can I take an Inspire Sculpt class?
The Inspire Sculpt, yoga with weights classes will begin at select Inspire Yoga studio locations in the summer of 2023. Check your favorite studio’s regular class schedule for exact times and teachers. Get singed up today for a recurring date of heart-pumping fun on your mat.
Are you up for the challenge?
Whether you’re a seasoned yogi or a beginner, yoga with weights is a great way to invigorate your yoga practice and challenge yourself in new ways. By incorporating this 45-minute fusion class into your weekly routine, you’ll build strength, improve balance and posture, increase your mind-body connection, and relieve stress. So give it a try! Your body and mind will thank you!