It’s been a crazy month for my family. It seems like every other day someone is fighting another kind of sickness. It started with the stomach bug, transitioned to general congestion, colds, and now strep throat. I love home remedies so I have been chugging this immunity juice for weeks now – and it’s delicious. When it comes to staying healthy, one important concept to grasp is to “keep it fresh”. The more fresh fruits and vegetables (organic, if possible) you eat – the better your body is able to function, fight off disease and combat whatever is “going around”.
A little about the ingredients in this juice…
Roots like ginger and turmeric are a wonderful addition to any diet. Ginger is known to help respiratory and cold-related symptoms. Learn about 13 proven health benefits of ginger. Turmeric is a huge anti-inflammatory agent as well as a potent antioxidant. Citrus fruits give the body a nice boost of Vitamin C, which is the old classic for treating the common cold. Apples contain quercetin which is known to help your immune system stay protected from threats of sickness. Apple Cider Vinegar (also referred to as ACV) contains a strong force of probiotics which help to rid the body of disease-causing bacteria and enhance the community of necessary and good bacteria in the GI tract.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED
- 1 Pineapple
- 1 Grapefruit
- 2 Oranges (I used blood orange)
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 2 Apples
- 1 square inch of ginger (there’s more pictured here)
- + 1/4 t turmeric (added after juicing) OR 1 square inch of fresh turmeric
- + 1/2 t Apple Cider Vinegar
- Prepare your ingredients. Peel the outer skin off of all citrus, cut up pineapple (hard core of fruit can be juiced), Peel ginger (and turmeric if using fresh), rinse, dry & de-stem the apples
- Juice the items according to your juicer’s instructions (you can likely also order this from your local juice bar – just tell them what you’d like included)
- Add in turmeric (if using ground), stirring it until fully dissolved
- Makes approx. 40-45 fluid ounces (3-4 servings).
- Pour a 12oz. cup of juice into a cup. Add in 1/2 t Apple Cider Vinegar to give it that additional boost. Make sure to stir it up.
Learn more about regaining health and wellness in your life in my Thrive 2016 4-week Intensive. It will include yoga classes, a comprehensive clean eating program, journaling exercises, personalized wellness plan, accountability and so much more.